Monday, September 10, 2012

I Need Elves

I am not really sure what to do with myself these days. I graduated nursing school and I am in that gray area between having a bachelor's in nursing and having my license and a job.

Technically, I still work at the family care home where I worked throughout nursing school, but for the first time in the history of the place they are fully staffed. Which means there is no room for me, as a resource staff, to pick up hours. I never thought I would miss that place, but I totally do.

All of these things combined, I have been spending a lot of time at home with my children. Mark and I are also down a car, so not only am I with the children all day, but we are stuck at home with frequency.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that I am NOT stay-at-home-mom material. Do I love my children? Without a doubt. But I have also discovered that I need things like adult conversation, time to use the toilet BY MYSELF, and at least 30 minutes a day without a child climbing on me, crying, or talking at me. Lately, it is like Bug is literally trying to crawl back inside of me. Insanity-inducing.

Every day is like Groundhog Day. I do the same things over and over and somehow, by tomorrow, they all need to be done again. Toys appear out of the toy area and onto my living room floor. Dishes and laundry breed exponentially. Diapers, bottles, repeat. It's like there is a magic mess-making fairy that lives here. It's too bad it isn't the other way. Like, some magic cleaning elves that come and visit in the night or something. That would be much better.

In the meantime, I am certain I have something to clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment